Wednesday, August 19, 2020

CHRISTIAN THOUGHTS

A message of encouragement for all the CHRISTIAN parents, grandparents, teachers chaplains, counselors and student well-being officers. 

If you who think that I have forgotten a most important fundamental matter of faith in CHRIST, and what the BIBLE says about self-worth and the VALUE that God places on us as individuals ... keep reading!

As mature people of FAITH in CHRIST, it would be hoped that you can firstly see that the stories in these books are based on true life stories in my interaction with primary-aged students in secular schools. As a Christian Chaplain working in a non-Christian setting (although I was recognized as a GOD-PERSON), I was very restricted by law as to proselytizing or sharing my own faith.

In a similar way these stories are written in a way which reflect that same ethos, and yet at the same time opens up the opportunity for all of you to open up those FAITH conversations with your students, children and grandchildren.

Some open-ended questions like: 
*  'What do think God says about you?'
*  'How much do you think God values you?'

From my own struggles along my journey of discovery, I used a simple ABC list of 'WHO I AM IN CHRIST' in a similar way to Olivia's inspirational scrolls.

For example ... I AM ...
A - accepted by God
B - born again /  being changed in Christ
C -  created in the image of God
D - dead to sin
E - empowered by the Holy Spirit
F - free from condemnation in Christ Jesus
G - growing in the knowledge & grace of the Lord Jesus

You get the idea!!
You can see that they are scripture based.

My prayer is that you will use these stories in conjunction with you own life and faith experience to share with your children; and that as you allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you and through you ... you too will see young lives changed!
God's blessing of peace be with you
Gary



No comments:

Post a Comment